Denise Gay DDS, MDS is a Board Certified Periodontist, a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. Dr. Gay attended Georgetown University as an undergraduate where she received her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. She received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at New York University College of Dentistry, graduating with honors. After graduating from NYU she attended periodontal residency at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center where she received her Certificate in Periodontology and a Masters of Dental Science.
While a resident at the University of Tennessee, Dr. Gay was awarded first place in the Southern Academy of Periodontology’s Billy M. Pennel Graduate Student Research Award Competition for her research concerning the role of inflammation in periodontal disease. Her research was subsequently published in the Journal of Periodontology in 2007.
Dr. Gay moved to Naples in 2004 where she began working at Olde Naples Periodontics. In 2008 she acquired the practice from founder Dr. Jeannie H. Moran, who practiced periodontics in Naples for more than 30 years and was an industry pioneer as one of the first female periodontists in Florida.
Dr. Gay is an active member in the following organizations:
- the American Board of Periodontology
- the American Academy of Periodontology
- the Southern Academy of Periodontology
- the American Academy of Osseointegration
- the American Dental Association
- the American Association of Women Dentists
- the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- the Florida Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- the Florida Association of Periodontists
- the Florida Dental Association
- the West Coast Dental Association
- the Collier County Dental Association
Dr. Gay is also a Courtesy Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry at the University of Florida. She also is privileged to volunteer her dental expertise to Collier Health Services.
In her free time, Dr. Gay enjoys reading, running, yoga, antiquing, traveling, and spending time with her husband Jim, children, and step-children. Dr. Gay and her husband have recently started an organization to rescue shelter dogs and cats, George’s Five Acres.