Welcome to my practice. The foundation of my treatment philosophy is an earnest effort to preserve the natural teeth of my patients. Often it is possible to save teeth through a focus on the removal of bacteria and debris, and periodontal hygiene maintenance with our experienced hygiene team, before resorting to the extraction of teeth. As my patient, if your general health benefits from extraction, dental implants are considered. Our practice relies on my extensive experience and the team approach to provide our patients the highest standard of care. I believe in thorough communication with patients, and reserve a full hour for new patient consultations.
— Dr. Denise Gay
Dr. Gay is a Naples, Florida board certified periodontist and dental implant specialist, focused on the treatment and prevention of periodontal disease, the placement of dental implants, and the treatment of dental implant complications. Our practice has served the Naples community for over 40. Dr. Gay has been a periodontist and dental implant specialist in Naples for more than 16 years.
Learn more about Dr. Gay
Our treatment approach offers patients the benefits of specialized dental care and emphasises the team approach, working with your general dentist and other dental specialists. Specialization and board certification benefits patients because it increases the level of proficiency resulting in predictable long term stable outcomes of dental care and maximizes oral health. The team approach links our specialized periodontal and dental implant treatment approach with those of other specialists with advance training, and general practitioners.
For more information on dental implants and our periodontal treatments please contact us here.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology
Georgetown University - Washington, D.C.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery
New York University - New York, New York
- Certificate in Periodontology and
Masters of Dental Science
University of Tennessee, Health Science Center
- Board Certified since 2006
by the American Board of Periodontology
- Board certification requirements:
- a three year program of study in residency, after dental school graduation
- a comprehensive oral examination covering all aspects of periodontics and dental implants
- recertification every 6 years
A Word on Board Certification
- Board certification with the ABP is awarded only to dentists who have also completed three additional years of full-time periodontal residency training, and is evidence of significant achievement and study beyond the mandatory educational requirements of dental implantology and periodontics. The resulting benefit for patients is an exceptional level of experience and the highest evidence-based standard of care.
Treating periodontal disease starts by visiting our office so we can assess your condition and put a strategy together.
There are several treatment options, each designed to eliminate plaque, inflammation and infection from the roots and gum.
Healthy Mouth, Healthy Body
Over 60 million people, half of the adult population, have periodontitis.
Addressing your oral health can have a beneficial effect on your health and your quality of life.
The first step starts with you:
Read Our Latest Blog Posts
Topics on oral and general health, nutrition, physical fitness and better living.